Saturday, August 25, 2007

World meet Ava, Ava meet World!!!!

Ava Grace :

Birth Weight: 8 lbs 12 oz

Birth Length: 22 in Birth Date : 08/25/2007

Birth Time: 12:51 am

Birth Place: Lockport Memorial Hospital

The day has finally come, Ava is here! I could not be happier nor feel better ! The birth process however was nothing like i had ever imagined it would be. I knew sort of what to expect from the lovely stories you hear during pregnancy but it is nothing until you experience first hand!

Well, I guess I shall start from the beginning, so lets back track to me still being pregnant shall we. Its now August 24th four days past my due date and I am as big as a house, miserable, and hot! I am going for yet another doctor appt. today, as much as I love my doctors I have just been seeing far to much of them. Well today was the day I had been waiting for for nine months.

I was seeing the midwife L today. She has been so good to me throughout the whole pregnancy, because I was overdue I had to be all hooked up and half a non stress test done, all soon as I was hooked up they began to pick up contractions. What I was really having contractions? I did not feel any, I surely did not think it was possible. Sure enough though I was though and I was going to be sent right over to the hospital! We were having this baby today, (or so I hoped)

Fast forward now, it is about 10 am and we are at the hospital all signed in, changed and ready for action. Dr. S would be the doctor on call for the weekend so he was there with me the whole time. At first nothing to exciting was happening, I was just doing a lot of hall walking and squatting and swaying to try and get things moving. At this point I am still hanging strong against any form of medicine, I am wanting a natural pregnancy if at all possible. A few hours have passed and nothing seems to be changing much, Dr. S is coming in to check me again! He finally told me that the baby is low enough now and that he is going to break my water. This was like a positive and negative mix of emotions, water breaking means baby coming but also means the dreaded contractions, well all i can say is bring them on!

The birthing tub became my best friend rather quickly. Once that water was broke oh my gosh is all i can say. The only thing to give me a little bit of relief was the bathtub. I would stay in that as long as I was allowed, until the nurse would come and tell me to walk again, or that i needed to be checked again or hooked back up to a monitor for a heartbeat check. Well it was about 9 pm now and I was still in the thick of labor. Contractions one on top of another and still not fully dilated yet. I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to end. Dr. S was coming in to check me yet again and was not happy with what he found out, I was still seven centimeters which I had been for a few hours now, nothing was changing. Dr. S made the executive decision to give me some medicine to help the contractions pick up (what they are going to get worse!!!) and help me start to dialate faster. Ok so i guess at this point and time I was for anything that was going to help. Well, apparently this was not going to help either because another hour went by and still nothing! So yup the unthinkable was about to happen, I was going in for a c-section!

After the inital shock and tears, Kory who had been at mind side through all of this was suited up and ready to head into the OR with me. I was about to get my epidural which was the scariest moment of my life! The feeling of having to sit perfectly still and not move at all is so horrible. The pain was not terrible but it was all in all just not fun!

Well we are now in the operating room and I am ready for action, Dr S and Dr J are suited up and ready to go along with the nurses on staff. At this time I am so racked with mixed emotions I was so excited to finally meet my baby girl but so scared about the surgery! I just wanted it to be over! Well eight mintues later it was, Ava Grace Rosenberg was here! August 25th 2007 12:51 AM, almost 24 hours later. It was done, and it was so worth it!

No comments: